How to Make Wise Grocery Shopping Choices
- Go armed with a list and stick to it, especially if your kids are “helping”.
- Plan your meals for the week before you shop and then buy what’s on the menu. Start with planning for 3 or 4 days if all week seems too much.
- Shop only once a week. You’ll tend to spend more if you stop at the store every day or several times a week.
- Shop when you have energy and aren’t worn out from a busy day. It’s easier to focus and make wise choices when you’ve got energy and aren’t preoccupied.
- Return your bottles and cans for the deposit that you paid. If you've got kids, get them to help with this job and let them keep the cash they earn.
- Shop in familiar stores when you’re tired, stressed or in a hurry. You’ll find what you need and be able to get out with what you need quickly.